How we do things
With a team of over 350 people active in all the disciplines of engineering and architecture, we are among the most important multidisciplinary engineering companies in Italy. We love setting increasingly challenging goals and we strive to recreate the conditions necessary to actively contribute to a better, sustainable world.
The Seingim method
A natural aptitude for innovation and growth
Reaching a goal is never random: Seingim’s numbers are the result of a winning development strategy right from the start. To reach numbers that confirm and outdo themselves over time, we invest daily in training the human resources and in taking care of the know-how and tools
available. But above all, we recognise every milestone as the result of important teamwork, which starts with sharing ambitious ideas and objectives to reach together. For anyone who loves taking on challenges, there is no limit that cannot be surpassed.
FACTS AND FIGURES
All our dedication for a better world
As professionals and as people, we feel responsible for contributing to the well-being of the areas and communities with which we come into contact. We tangibly strive to make sure that objectives and values do not remain mere words but rather, become operating guidelines to integrate into our daily production routine in collaboration with our partners. We strive for a level of quality that
exceeds simply fulfilling contractual requirements and our standards of excellence guide the entire network of collaborators. This is why our policies of responsibility, commitment to SDGs, activities for the area, and working with associations are our most important business card.
Policies & certifications
Our quality strategy starts developing from the motivation, training, communication, and satisfaction of the people at Seingim and the clients.
Certification UNI EN ISO 9001
With the UNI EN ISO 9001 certification, Seingim confirms the efficacy of its management system, a strategic factor for all companies that wish to offer highly professional services.
We carry out our business in full compliance with environmental legislation, striving to actively contribute to the conservation of a healthy ecosystem.
Certification UNI EN ISO 14001
Based on the continual improvement principle, the UNI EN ISO 45001 standard is designed to identify, verify, and check all environmental aspects of any company. For us, it is the commitment to work towards sustainable environmental development.
Health and safety
We protect our collaborators first and foremost as people, providing functional, comfortable, and high-quality work environments and conditions.
Certification UNI ISO 45001
Seingim pays attention not only to the quality of its services but also to the quality of its employees’ and collaborators’ workplace. This is why we have appropriately adapted our management system as per the standard for Workplace Health and Safety.
We ensure that our energy policy contributes to a change of course towards a sustainability-oriented style of working and living, both in and out of the company.
Certification ISO 50001
Seingim has defined a UNI ISO 50001-compliant Energy Management System to consciously, efficiently use energy, aimed at savings by the entire work team.
BIM management system
The BIM method proves effective at reducing risks in the development phase of projects, providing tools for better cost, program, quality, and safety control.
Certification UNI/PdR 74:2019
In compliance with the UNI/PdR 74:2019 reference procedure, Seingim is committed to adopting the BIM (Building Information Modeling) method in managing data and information and in planning operations.
The primary goal of Seingim’s development strategy is to be chosen by the client for the quality of our services in order to increase the company’s reputation, which means:
Every decision in the short-, as well as in the long-term, is inspired by improving our company processes in terms of service and by the resulting company reputation. Every strategy undertaken by top management must befit the image of quality with which the company markets itself. Checking the processes allows us to improve company competitiveness and its overall profitability, increase client satisfaction, reduce costs for any non-conformities, and increase employee motivation. To Seingim, offering quality service means:
- Properly assessing client requests and creating a service package that reflects their expectation and, where possible, anticipate them;
- Identifying the service aspects to which clients attribute the most importance;
- Adapting our services to our clients’ expectations, remembering that clients are satisfied if their expectations are satisfied;
- Providing a service of high quality and a bearer of innovation;
- Creating a good environment where a positive relationship between client and company can be established;
- Concentrating on clients so they feel attended to, that their needs are being considered individually, and that the service they receive is tailor-made.
Seingim has a culture based on ethical and social values, on loyalty, transparency, and integrating tasks between the directive and the executive so as to facilitate the flow of information and create a strong spirit of teamwork.
The company’s main rule is to prioritise procedures to reach goals professionally, constantly trying to improve quality and the goals of stakeholders.
To reach these goals, Seingim intends to promote, maintain, improve, and update the following activities:
- Updating the Quality Management System in compliance with the UNI-EN-ISO 9001:2015 standard;
- Naming an Integrated Management System Manager, via direct delegation from Top Management, which includes Quality, with the role of coordinating and promoting progressive actions aimed at improvement. The Manager also has control functions so that the System is promoted and respected at all levels;
- Training on quality techniques for all operating personnel in the company;
- Activating proper and efficient channels of information, both in-house and externally;
- Continuous encouragement to establish the mentality of possible and continuous improvement.
By properly adopting and developing these activities, they then become:
- A crucial Requirement for complete customer satisfaction;
- Guarantee to reach the goal described above;
- Formalisation of an efficient work system that is functional is achieving a collaborative, constructive environment within the company itself.
The Quality policy must be divulged throughout all the company’s sectors and at all decisional and operating levels. The Integrated Management System Manager (IMSM) is responsible for taking appropriate, suitable initiatives in this matter, even by including various other department managers.
Quality is based on the awareness that leadership, motivation, training and development, communication, and personnel satisfaction are fundamental pillars on which to build continuous improvement, customer satisfaction and, therefore, company success.
The company adopts a leadership model that promotes and develops participation, taking on responsibility, commitment, personal and professional growth; it establishes its organisation on the development of know-how and teamwork. In every company decision, top management continuously guides, supports, motivates, instructs, and encourages.
The company, also through the functional managers and operating department managers, gathers information and proposals in order to be able to assess employee expectations and the level of satisfaction, in terms of work environment, conditions of employment, quality of work, training, professional and career development, evaluation, and acknowledgements.
To Seingim, the underlying assumption is that organising the Quality management system is based on people and their know-how, on cooperation between people and groups.
Seingim is able to produce efficacy, in terms of company results and customer satisfaction while, at the same time, valuing the work and development of people.
Another primary objective of Seingim’s development strategy is to carry out our business in full compliance of environmental legislation and regulations. The company is aware of being included in a virtuous environmental setting and has always actively participated to ensure that the community’s success is supported by Seingim’s practical contribution.
To reach this goal, Seingim’s Top Management has established an Environmental Policy that intends to promote, maintain, and improve the following activities:
- Adopting a UNI EN ISO 14001:2015-compliant Environmental Management System, with the commitment to meet the applicable requirements and integrate it with the other management systems in the company;
- Creating a multi-faceted team, in terms of background and foundation, that, with the help of specific training, will encourage all personnel in a distributed way “from the bottom” to ensure that commitment to the environment permeates consciences rather than merely being a compulsory task;
- Infusing the spirit of the standard in the company setting;
- Providing a framework and simple tools to collect information, establish and re-examine the goals to improve the environmental footprint from Seingim GLOBAL SERVICE’s business;
Top Management considers safeguarding resources and respecting the environment to be essential cornerstones for quality of life and environmentally sustainable development. To this end, Seingim strives to:
- ⮚ Respect legislative compliance, via the integrated management systems that ensure its processes and services meet legal requirements and local regulations, including updates;
- Adopt a preventive approach to managing environmental issues;
- ⮚ Implement a specific Environmental Management system that:
- Controls/monitors energy and natural resource consumption, using company vehicles and public transport, intended to contain, reduce, and optimise;
- Manages urban and special waste originating from its business, minimising its generation and ensuring it is recycled and/or disposed of;
- Implements measures aimed at preventing environment accidents (pollution) and, should they occur, guaranteeing an appropriate response.
- To environmental improvement via:
- Continuous commitment to the environment, always aiming to prevent pollution and optimising consumption;
- Training, awareness, raising consciousness, and involving its personnel, suppliers, and collaborators, as well as all the relevant interested parties to ensure they implement proper operating behaviour in terms of the environment;
- Creating its own projects and providing services that meet legislative requirements and are increasing compatible with the environmental context, based on the risks preventively and periodically assessed via Context Analysis;
- Encouraging clients to evaluate the investments to make, with a careful analysis of the entire lifecycle of systems, performance, energy consumption, impacts on maintenance, and finally, decommissioning the completed projects.
- General Management also encourages applying, improving and developing the Integrated Quality, Health, Safety, Environment, and Energy System, striving to ensure the management principles contained in the Manual, procedures, and operating instructions are divulged, understood, and shared by all employees and collaborators.
Health and safety
Seingim, a systems engineering company, has always been careful in regards to protecting the health and safety of its employees, as well as respecting the surrounding environment, having always deemed and considered them fundamental blocks to carry out professional work, respecting the players involved, despite the work done by the company not having particular implications in the field of these issues.
Being aware of, respecting, and protecting these issues have always been aspects of great care and attention by Seingim Global Service. Top Management commits to spreading the values and culture of these issues as a ubiquitous component of the entire company structure.
To this end, all workers, employed or otherwise, are active, aware, and collaborative protagonists who have the chance and the possibility to work with and at the service of Seingim Global Service
In fact, at the centre of its operations, the business activity puts protecting workers as people first, before being professionals, and protecting the environment as an asset to preserve as the key to present and future collective well-being, never putting any form of business or business opportunity ahead of these primary, irreplaceable values.
Seingim reaches the “Zero Accidents” goal through the following actions:
- Maintaining, as a prerogative while working, the fulfilment of Workplace Health and Safety Protection obligations, particularly in regards to the Unified Text on safety (Italian Legislative Decree 81/2008, coordinated with Italian Legislative Decree 106/2009, subsequent corrections, modifications, and integrations);
- Aiming to eliminate the possibility of work-related accidents occurring by following and maintaining appropriate safety standards for this purpose;
- Guaranteeing constant and continuous updating and renewal of the management standards, operating procedures and instructions, as well as raising worker awareness via information, training, involvement, and discussion.
- Ensuring workers, as well as their safety representatives, are constantly consulted.
- Being active and organised so that the actions described above are implemented voluntarily rather than enforced as specific, compulsory regulatory impositions.
- Creating and managing a virtuous path aimed at wider involvement, in the spirit of continuous improvement, of all company workers and management through the utmost dissemination, accessibility, and possibility of personally contributing.
After implementing a UNI ISO 14001-compliant Environmental Management System in line with our own strategic direction, which name sustainable development as one of the pillars of the corporate vision, SEINGIM’s Top Management has sought to implement a UNI ISO 50001-compliant Energy Management System, in order to:
- ensure rational energy use;
- ensure the necessary information and resources are available to reach our energy goals and milestones;
- support designing and purchasing energy-efficient products and services;
- establish energy goals and milestones;
- take a systematic approach to continually improving our energy performance and Energy Management System;
- guarantee interested parties that we meet applicable legal requirements in terms of energy use and consumption and energy efficiency.
Top Management has, therefore, appointed an Energy Management Team, who has the responsibility of developing the energy analysis to identify significant energy uses and guide Top Management in defining its own specific energy goals and milestones and determining the criteria and methods necessary to guarantee rational energy use.
The organisation intends to improve its energy performance, focusing in particular on the following energy aspects:
- purchase criteria that also consider the energy efficiency of the equipment;
- applying criteria and methods that guarantee the heating and air conditioning systems in the offices perform to the utmost;
- using energy-efficient technology to light the offices;
- rational energy use in the offices by its personnel by defining good practices and adopting sustainable behaviour;
The energy policy wishes to serve as a stimulus to encourage efficient employee behaviour in terms of energy use and to “contaminate” activities, through small actions with reachable and quantifiable goals. The hope is that this policy, based on simple tools but with great potential, is able to contribute to the company goal of changing the course of how we work towards sustainability.
The energy policy has been communicated to all levels of the organisation in order to guide the organisation towards improving energy performance and is regularly re-examined and updated as needed.
BIM management system
Implementing and maintaining an integrated BIM system (in the context of an Integrated Quality, Environment, Health and Safety, and Energy Management System, certifiable by a third-party body in compliance with the UNI/PdR 74:2019 reference procedure) is a tangible commitment by Seingim Management to promoting BIM method development in-house, with its partners, and with potential and confirmed clients.
By adopting a BIM Management System, Management sets the goal of consolidating Seingim’s position on the engineering company market, promoting the development of know-how and new work methods as vectors of important improvements in terms of productivity, efficiency, as well as in other aspects, including those associated with quality management and innovation.
To develop projects within the BU, Management commits to using an integrated, synergistic approach to promote the BIM method, which is useful in reaching short- and medium-term goals whose essence is:
- maintaining conformity with European, international, and national reference standards (including EN ISO, ISO, UNI, and CEN accessory standards) in relation to managing data sharing information flows and managing processes;
- training, developing, and educating its people on their roles and responsibilities to ensure they fully understand the importance of these roles in relation to collaboratively designing work procedures and digital tools of reference;
- using a variety of recent, innovative digital tools for collaborative design, to generate models that include attributes of information, plans, reports, etc., and to run simulations and analyses to interpret and resolve conflicts within the federated model;
- fostering the exchange of information and coordination between design groups, promoting and strengthening collaboration between designers during the design process;
- providing high-quality, reliable, and always avantgarde solutions and services to present ourselves to our clients as trustworthy partners, promoting project development with the BIM method;
- guaranteeing operational compatibility among various software platforms by using open formats (IFC);
- implementing and monitoring the BIM Management System to support company objectives is contractually pertinent to satisfying client expectations.
BIM has proven to be an important tool in reducing risks in the project development phase, providing useful management elements to better control costs, programs, quality, and safety of the project elements, contributing to its sustainability to meet our expectations and those of our clients.
In the next two-year period, Management wishes to elevate its maturity in applying the BIM method from level 2 to level 3 to bring our clients increasingly better results.
This policy, periodically re-examined by management, is given to all company personnel and is made available to all those interested and to anyone who accesses the SEINGIM website.
The employees and contractors who work on behalf of Seingim (in all the national offices and operations) are required to follow this policy and the corresponding procedures developed to apply the BIM method.
Sustainability goals, in and out of Seingim
We believe that the efficacy of our work can make the difference in achieving a truly sustainable future for everyone. This is why Seingim’s business strategy includes some Sustainable Development Goals [ SDGs ] outlined in UN’s 2030 Agenda. Specifically, we pursue the idea of sustainable design at the service of the
community in terms of energy, responsible consumption of resources, and urban regeneration. At the same time, we cultivate the value of dignity of work, inclusiveness, equality, and raising consciousness on the issues of sustainability at all levels of our organisation.
Health and well-being for everyone
- Introduce workplace safety systems to fulfil the obligations from national legislation, combating workplace accidents and injuries;
- Provide periodic training on workplace health and safety issues for all employees;
- Adopt specific workplace health and safety preventive measures in the event of pregnant women, differently abled employees, or other vulnerable workers;
- Make sure no one working in the supply chain is exposed to risks for their health and safety;
- Reduce the environmental impact of production activities and the use of polluting chemical products;
- Invest in innovation to develop new technology that has a positive impact on the population;
- Initiate public-private partnerships with NGOs, universities, the public sector, and other companies to create projects aimed at improving the well-being of the population;
- Encourage blood donations.
- Define company policies that promote gender equality and integration as values of the company culture;
- Train all company levels (with particular reference to the Human Resources Unit) in gender material, with a specific focus on human rights and the fight against discrimination;
- Sett objectives and results connected to gender equality, measuring and communicating progress made;
- Guarantee salary policies that ensure equal pay for the same positions;
- Adopt zero-tolerance policies towards any form of verbal or physical violence.
- Use company products and services to facilitate access to safe, sustainable energy;
- Train personnel and suppliers on energy efficiency and renewable energy;
- Support partnership projects developing the energy sector;
- Initiate partnerships with NGOs, universities, and other public or private entities to promote access to sustainable energy and spread the promotion of renewable energy;
- Distribute guidelines that are able to define a consumption saving model in offices and factories;
- Use renewable energy sources in business activities;
- Adopt certified energy management systems.
DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
- Encourage the development of the human rights culture by implementing the UN Guiding Principles On Business & Human Rights, promoting the right to decent work within the company and along the supply chain;
- Train the Human Resources department on how to impartially assess talents regardless of sexual orientation, age, geographical origins, and other factors not pertinent to professionalism;
- Sustain the local economy and culture by supporting the businesses, manufacturers, and workers in the area in which we operate;
- Invest in the employment of youth and protected or vulnerable individuals;
- Guarantee decent work conditions, innovation, and learning;
- Promote research and development, supporting initiatives that sustain start-ups and young entrepreneurs.
SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
- Invest in projects that aim to improve resilience in the face of natural disasters in urban centres or human settlements;
- Initiate partnerships with NGOs, universities, and other public or private entities to work on developing sustainable, intelligent cities;
- Respect and integrate cities and human settlements, using local workforce, training employees on cultural diversity, preserving the local culture, or investing part of the revenue in developing cities;
- Use vehicles that respect energy-efficient as well as clean and accessible energy criteria;
- Incentivise the use of clean, low-consumption means of public transport among employees and in the supply chain;
- Invest in technology, products and services designed to support models of intelligent cities and sustainable infrastructure, transport, and public services;
- Transform the company’s offices and plants into green, resilient structures, improving energy efficiency and safety, reducing the consumption of paper and water, favouring recycling.
- Invest in sustainable technology that improves production and consumption models, favouring the use of renewable energy and reducing atmospheric, water, soil, and acoustic contamination to a minimum;
- Adapt company products and services to efficiently use energy and natural resources;
- Use natural, biodegradable, recyclable, or reusable resources in business activities;
- Incentivise the use of renewable energy rather than fossil fuels;
- Spread good practices regarding circular economy and eco-design;
- Initiate public-private alliances with NGOs, universities, the public sector, and other businesses.
- Train personnel and suppliers on sustainable production and consumption.
FIGHT AGAINST CLIMATE CHANGE
- Use products and services connected to the core business to find solutions to Climate Change, even by using renewable energy such as bio-mass or geothermal sources;
- Promote initiatives on Climate Change to find solutions and practices to share with all the industrial sectors;
- Endorse private sector participation in international negotiations regarding climate change.
PARTNERSHIPS TO REACH OBJECTIVES
- Create alliances with civil society, the public sector, the academic world, and other businesses to research specific actions to support the SDGs;
- Build international collaborative projects to encourage the growth of underdeveloped countries;
- Align the social accountability strategy with the SDGs, integrating them into the company culture;
- Measure progress made in implementing the SDGs;
- Include the SDGs in the sustainability balance sheet, reporting on the company’s contribution to sustainable development;
- Encourage personnel and suppliers to participate in achieving the SDGs.
Seingim’s international vocation naturally coexists with the need to be active locally. Beyond business, we regularly support big, small, and micro companies that work around us in environmental, cultural, educational, and athletic contexts, building partnerships and sponsorships or developing special initiatives together. We believe that collaborating with local companies is the first step to actively contributing to the well-being of the area and those living there. Check out some of our initiatives below.
In its various forms of aggregation, to Seingim an association represents an essential moment to share experiences, discuss, and collaborate. This is why we have always sought out relationships with the main associations that go beyond simply
enrolling a name. We are open to communicating with any type of association and organisation that shares our interest in making the industrial scenario increasingly virtuous and positive.
Seingim group: structure and institutional profile
Seingim Global Service S.r.l. was created in 1999 in Ceggia, Venice, where it collaborated with big industry in nearby Porto Marghera, to then differentiate its business both in the industrial and the civil field. The current group structure was outlined in 2019 when, with the acquisition of two important companies in Milan and Genoa,
Seingim Power and Seingim Oil & Gas were created, supported by the specific expertise of over 70 agents active in the Oil & Gas and Power Generation sectors. To date, Seingim is the parent company, with 16 operating offices nationally and internationally.